AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 02, 2009 05:21PM
Hi,
I'm an AFNI newbie and I'm trying to use 3dDeconvolve on my already pre-processed NIFTI file (.nii). My nii file is written out in Matlab and it's 32-bit float. When I ran 3dDeconvolve, I see these warning messages:

*+ WARNING: anov_test+orig[5] scale to shorts mean misfit error = 49.6% -- ***** Purple Alert! *****
+ a) Numerical precision has been lost when truncating results
from 32-bit floating point to 16-bit integers (shorts).
+ b) Consider writing datasets out in float format.
In most AFNI programs, use the '-float' option.
+ c) This warning is a new message, but is an old issue
that arises when storing results in an integer format.
+ d) Don't panic! These messages likely originate in peripheral or
unimportant voxels. They mean that you examine your results.
"Assess the situation and keep a calm head about you,
because it doesn't do anybody any good to panic."

There're a lot of these "purple alert"; I attached the full output. Is this Ok or I need to do something about my input data?

Thank you very much,

--taosheng liu

Subject Author Posted

file format

taosheng liu March 02, 2009 05:21PM

Re: file format

rick reynolds March 02, 2009 05:30PM

taosheng liu March 04, 2009 01:40PM

rick reynolds March 04, 2009 02:23PM