AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Aditya
March 09, 2009 03:04PM

Hello, me again!

I received wonderful instructions last week on how to get the estimated impulse response function for my regressors, and the mathematician in me is wondering:

Since we're simultaneously estimating the IRFs and the solution to the GLM, what constraints are there on the IRF (e.g., what prevents us from simply generating an IRF for one regressor that matches the activation) other than the restriction of the order of the CSPLIN (e.g.)?

More generally, what does it mean (formally) to solve these two simultaneously?

I've tried to find the answer online to no avail (in fact, "AFNI" and "CSPLIN" together in Google gives virtually nothing).

Cheers,
Aditya
Subject Author Posted

Simultaneously solving GLM and IRF?

Aditya March 09, 2009 03:04PM

Re: Simultaneously solving GLM and IRF?

Gang Chen March 09, 2009 05:20PM

Aditya March 09, 2009 07:03PM

Gang Chen March 09, 2009 07:30PM