AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 16, 2009 12:58PM
> I guess the other way to approach this would be to concatenate all 7 runs,
> concatenate the stim_files, and concatenate the stim_times. However, I
> choose to do each run separately since it would take some time to reorganize
> my stim_times files to be global since they are currently in local format.

There is an option in 3dDeconvolve, called -local_times, with which you can specify each run's stimuli in local times.

> Then I use 3dcalc to take the mean of the 7 condition_B_correlation t-maps
> and the mean of the 7 condition_A_correlation t-maps. Once I have these for
> all my subjects I can t-test them with 3dtest.

By t-maps do you mean that you average the t-statistic or beta value across runs? It should be the beta values that get averaged. However if you want to take the correlation coefficients for group analysis, it's not a good idea to average them either.

> Although this may not be the most efficient way to do this, is this still correct?

Yes, it should be more or less close to the alternative approach.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

Condition Specific Correlation

Drew March 16, 2009 05:35AM

Re: Condition Specific Correlation

Gang Chen March 16, 2009 12:58PM