AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
BrianB
March 17, 2009 01:52PM
Hello,

I am trying to complete the Monte Carlo Simulation (http://afni.nimh.nih.gov/sscc/gangc/mcc.html) and I have just a couple questions about the process.

1) To create the group mask, I collected all the full_mask.$subj's from afni_proc.py individual analysis, adwarped to tlrc space, and then ran:
3dmerge -gmean -prefix Group.Merge $subj.mask1 $subj.mask2 etc. ## average 40+ subjects
3dcalc -a Group.Merge -expr 'astep(a, .5)' -prefix Group.Mask ## Only Include voxels that were in 50% or more prevelant in Group Mask
3dresample -dxyz 3.75 3.75 4 -rmode 'NN' -prefix Group.Mask.EPI Group.Mask ## Make mask the size of original EPI images

Is this a correct way to make a group mask? Is there a better method to bring together 40+ subjects?

2) To obtain Spatial Correlation, I used the same mask from the individual afni_proc and the errts from the 3dDeconvlove
3dFWHMx -dset $subj.errts+orig -mask full_mask.$subj+orig -out $subj.fwhm.txt

Would this be the correct mask to use or does the mask indiciation in the instructions refer to the group mask? I thought I would use the subject's own mask because a) both errts and mask are in orig space b) the averaging step (next) would account for the group level.

3) I now have 40+ 3-column txt files from step 2. How can I average these together?
a) I am trying avoid 1deval, but in such a case can 1deval input more than 26 files (a-z) at a time? Is there anyway to indicate a batch input (i.e. "file1 file2 file3 etc")
b) I read some posts about using 3Tstat on 1D files, so I tried:
3dTstat -mean file1'[0]' file2'[0]' file3'[0]' etc. > Column0
however I got the error: Cannot Open file1'[0]'. Has there been a change to 3d-programs inputing 1D files? Did I not use the correct options?
Essentially, what would be the best/most effiecent mechanism to average MANY files together?

Thank you for your help, as always your guidance is greatly appreaciate.

Subject Author Posted

Averaging For AlphaSim Inputs

BrianB March 17, 2009 01:52PM

Re: Averaging For AlphaSim Inputs

rick reynolds March 17, 2009 03:00PM

BrianB March 17, 2009 05:45PM

rick reynolds March 17, 2009 06:36PM