History of AFNI updates  

|
Oori
April 05, 2009 11:02AM
Dear AFNI developers,

Is there currently an option for weighting group-level RFX analysis by some "quality" measure derived from the intra-subject level?

I'm referring to measures indexing intra-subject variability in a particular experimental condition (weighting a condition's Beta as function of subject-specific variance; FSL) or perhaps weighting Betas as function of tSNR in the functional run from which they are derived.

I repeatedly see particular brain areas associated with extremely high Betas that also have enormous variances associated with them on the intra-subject level. These betas are not trustworthy, but I currently have no systematic way of down-weighting these on the group level when using AFNI. In various AFNI docs I see that individual level variance is not propagated to the group analysis since “inter-subject variance is much larger than intra-subject variance” – couldn’t it be that in at least a few regions, inter-subject variance is large just because we propagate “nonsensical” betas to the group level?

Cheers,
Oori
Subject Author Posted

inter-subject error in group level rfx

Oori April 05, 2009 11:02AM

Re: inter-subject error in group level rfx

bob cox April 05, 2009 03:17PM

Oori April 06, 2009 01:24AM

Gang Chen April 07, 2009 02:05PM