AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
josef
April 22, 2009 04:55PM
My goal is to create histograms of RD and AD.

My question is whether AD and RD have a standard range and unit like "mm^2/s" and what range is meaningful for a the histogram.

I have been comparing the eigenvalues from 3dDWItoDT using both the linear and nonlinear solution and to FSL's dtifit.

3dDWItoDT -linear gives me the following range of lambda 1 values:
-5.29858 to 6.77981

3dDWItoDT -nonlinear gives me the following range of lambda 1 values:
0 to 14951.3
A histogram of the nonlinear volume indicates that the really high values greater than 3 are primarily outliers that will get masked out. But even then i still have what seems like really high values for diffusion?

dtifit gives me the following range of lambda 1 values:
0 to 0.006446

The dtifit ranges seem reasonable. Should I just be rescaling my AFNI data?

Thanks
Subject Author Posted

DTI zxial and radial diffusivity histograms

josef April 22, 2009 04:55PM

Re: DTI zxial and radial diffusivity histograms

Daniel Glen April 22, 2009 05:23PM

Re: DTI zxial and radial diffusivity histograms

josef April 22, 2009 05:35PM