AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jim Bjork
April 28, 2009 11:55AM
Hello AFNI minds,

I am interested in going forward with 3dDeconvolve with 3dREMLfit to correct for spurious significance resulting from serial correlation of noise. As with the AFNI powerpoint on advanced 3dDeconvolve, use of 3dREMLfit dramatically drops the individual subject voxel-wise significance level, but doesn't seem to impair the significance of group-wise maps.

My question is, what is a good way to describe this correction in methods. Has anyone used 3dREMLfit in an actual paper? I could use a ref or two to see how this has been described for clarity. The issue arises because I would be writing about a patient population in a clinical journal, where reviewers and readership may appreciate a simplified translation of ARMA(1,1) and what that means.

Also, a validation paper of this method itself would be helpful to cite. There appears to be no reference in the -help on 3dREMLfit.

Jim Bjork
Subject Author Posted

How to describe 3dREMLfit corrected data analysis

Jim Bjork April 28, 2009 11:55AM

Re: How to describe 3dREMLfit corrected data analysis

Bob Cox May 01, 2009 01:48PM