AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 05, 2009 11:07AM
Hi connectivity fans,

I am very new to connectivity analyses. I just tried Gang's simple connectivity analysis on his AFNI page. Correlating activity over the whole experiment gives me very interesting results but I have an event related design with different trial components that I'd like to explore in more detail.

My goal is to have two maps showing me regions that are correlated with activity in my seed region during: (1) an early phase of an individual trial and (2) a late phase of an individual trial. I was planning on using the Beta Series method (described by Rissman, Gazzaley, D'Esposito, 2004, NeuroImage).

Are other users using this method? If so, would anyone be willing to post some sample code outlining your steps?

My plan was to run 3dDecon with all the event regressors (200 in my case) and just output the coefficients (not all the model stats). Extract the beta series from that output for my ROI and then use that ROI beta series to run 3dregana on the whole brain beta series (and convert the output to r stats) to find regions of functional connectivity. Is this what others are doing?

Also, would the context-dependent correlation method described on Gang's AFNI page do something similar for me? If so, have others thought about how these methods differ (or are similar) and when one would be more appropriate than the other.

Many thanks,
Greg

Subject Author Posted

Beta series connectivity analysis

Gregory Samanez-Larkin May 05, 2009 11:07AM

Re: Beta series connectivity analysis

Gang Chen May 05, 2009 04:59PM