AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 14, 2009 06:06PM
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for trying the plugin. Let me clarify what the plugin can and can not do.

1) If your NIfTI file is in the single file format, with nii or nii.gz (i.e. gzipped), the plugin will definitely support it.

2) If your NIfTI file is in the dual file format, the plugin will preview the header file (hdr) but not the image file (img) unless it is gzipped, i.e. (img.gz) can be previewed. This is because the "img" suffix has been designated by Apple for some other important file type, something out of my control.

3) If you file is very large, more than 128MB in memory, then the plugin can not currently handle it. This is a hard constraint placed by Apple to prevent the quick look server to use too much system resource, again out of my control. However, in a recent update, I've updated the plugin such that it will display some useful information about the file, including image dimensions, voxel spacings, data type, number of components, etc.

If your comments relate to 1), you should probably give the newest version a try. I'm quite confident that it works. But if it doesn't, please let me know.

Gary Hui Zhang
Subject Author Posted

NIfTI / Analyze / FreeSurfer Images Quick Look Plugin Available

Hui Zhang May 14, 2009 12:05AM

Re: NIfTI / Analyze / FreeSurfer Images Quick Look Plugin Available

Daniel Glen May 14, 2009 09:39AM

Re: NIfTI / Analyze / FreeSurfer Images Quick Look Plugin Available

Hui Zhang May 14, 2009 06:06PM