AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 04, 2009 07:12PM
Gang,

Currently, I am not using 3dAnova, so I don't have a script to provide. However, I am considering using it in the future. My concerns about sphericity arise from the analysis of slow-related designs in which we include "time" (or "scan") as a factor. The levels of the time factor correspond to however many volumes are collected during a trial. For example, I may have a design in which I manipulate one within-subjects factor and then test for the interaction between that factor and the time factor, which would reveal brain regions for which my manipulated factor affects the shape of the hemodynamic response. Using the same design, I could also test for a main effect of the time factor, which would reveal brain regions for which any kind of reliable response occurs, regardless of the current condition. In both of these hypothetical analyses, sphericity is likely to be violated. This is somewhat related to the serial correlation issue, so perhaps 3dREMLfit would be relevant in this case, though my impression was that 3dREMLfit only came into play for regression analyses, and not the simple ANOVAs that I am talking about.

-Karin
Subject Author Posted

sphericity corrections

Karin June 03, 2009 06:07PM

Re: sphericity corrections

Gang Chen June 04, 2009 12:50PM

Karin June 04, 2009 07:12PM

Gang Chen June 05, 2009 11:21AM

Karin June 05, 2009 04:23PM