AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 04, 2009 03:55PM
I am a fairly new user to Afni and have encountered a problem in processing my data. I am trying to run the command 3dcalc in order to eliminate the first few TRs and the last few TRs of my dataset. I have a directory that contains file types .dat, .BRIK, and .HEAD. Within this folder I am running Afni in the background (afni &). I enter the example command as follows:

3dcalc -prefix Brent/folder/folder2/folder3/file1 -a 'epiRT_scan_1#001+orig[5..100]' -expr 'a'

I understand this command to mean that I want to run the 3dcalc command and place a new file called file1 in directory Brent/folder/folder2/folder3. The new file1 will come from the file 'epiRT_scan_1#001+orig' and I will eliminate TRs 0 thru 4 and anything after TR 100. Note: I changed some of the names to protect data. When running this command, from the directory Brent, I received the following statement:

FATAL ERROR: can't open dataset epiRT_scan_1#001+orig[5..100].

Please help me resolve this error.
Subject Author Posted

3dcalc: FATAL ERROR: can't open dataset...

Brent June 04, 2009 03:55PM

Re: 3dcalc: FATAL ERROR: can't open dataset...

rick reynolds June 04, 2009 04:19PM

Re: 3dcalc: FATAL ERROR: can't open dataset...

bob cox June 04, 2009 04:33PM