AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 11, 2009 11:45AM
Hi, AFNI Pros:
I am trying to use 3dmerge -1filter_winsor rmm nw to do a 3D median filter instead of doing the filter in matlab. However, the result from 3dmerge and matlab looks very different. Could anyone tell me what is wrong with my 3dmerge command and how should I use it?

I try to do a 9-point median filter smooth of the following data: B1_fieldmap.nii (2 x 2 x 4 mm3 )

Command I used:
3dmerge -1filter_winsor 36 4 -prefix Filtered_B1.nii B1_fieldmap.nii

the filtered data looks very similar to the original one, what parameters should I use then?
Subject Author Posted

need tip on median filter with 3dmerge

Guofan June 11, 2009 11:45AM

Re: need tip on median filter with 3dmerge

bob cox June 11, 2009 11:50AM

Daniel Glen June 11, 2009 01:26PM

Guofan June 12, 2009 12:23PM