AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Daniel Glen
September 15, 2009 10:34AM
It's "possible", but I think it's not a priority yet. It looks you want a full affine matrix transformation available. It seems it would be mostly a matter of adding a few more boxes to the GUI. You might try this yourself using the existing Nudge plugin as a basis for the code. Overall I have found the Nudge plugin useful for rough alignment, but it's really difficult to judge by eye which direction is best to get decent alignment. It's only after you get to a good alignment when you see, aha, there is a good alignment.

It might be the align_epi_anat.py script might line up your data better than you could with this proposed tool. Another choice would be the 3D tagset align plugin to mark corresponding points and then align with 3dTagalign. Try these, and let me know how they work for you. If you have some sample data, you can upload the datasets (using the Upload Data link on the left), and I can take a look.
Subject Author Posted

nudging, rescaling and manual alignment

Vince Hradil September 09, 2009 01:29PM

Re: nudging, rescaling and manual alignment

Vince Hradil September 15, 2009 09:48AM

Re: nudging, rescaling and manual alignment

Daniel Glen September 15, 2009 10:34AM