AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jed Meltzer
September 16, 2009 12:48PM
Hi,

I have a tiny little feature request for 3dDeconvolve. I only mention it because it's probably one line of code in afni, vs. many lines and room for error if I take care of my problem otherwise, and it might be useful for others.

There is already the option of "stim_times_subtract," which is useful when for some reason you had a different number of discarded images at the beginning of a paradigm. I was wondering if you could add an option for "stim_times_scale" which would multiply all the times by a specified factor.

The reason is, I have a paradigm that does its timing by counting pulses from the scanner, set to 39 slices per TR, and I boneheadedly ran a subject with 40 slices instead, squeezed into the same TR (2 sec). So my stimuli ended up being presented slightly earlier than planned. To correct for this, I would multiply all my stimulus times by (39/40), or 0.975. The error does add up to several seconds by the end of a run. I could do this by modifying my stim_time files, but it sure would be cool to be able to just stick that one line in afni. Any chance?
Thanks as always!

Jed Meltzer
Subject Author Posted

stim_times_subtract, stim_times_scale?

Jed Meltzer September 16, 2009 12:48PM

Re: stim_times_subtract, stim_times_scale?

rick reynolds September 16, 2009 01:29PM

Re: stim_times_subtract, stim_times_scale?

Jed Meltzer September 16, 2009 01:33PM