AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 19, 2009 05:08PM
Hi Bob,

Would it be possible to add a option to waver program something like "-tstim_AM2", such that it can output the two convolved regressors, one related to constant amplitude and other related to amplitude modulation.

One other question I have is a conceptual one and it will give you some idea why I am requesting the above option with waver.

The current -stim_times_AM2 option in 3dDeconvolve, only accounts for variance based on the changes in the some external measure like RT only WITH-IN the same class (condition) but not across the conditios. But say if one is interested to account for RT variance across ALL the trials in the experiment (not just within condition), then I thought one way to do this is to create a single RT modulation regressor and each trial amplitude of that regressor will be proportional to the difference between each events AM value and the mean value of ALL the trials in the experiment. Please let me know if my thinking is correct here and if you agree then providing the above requested option with waver will help me in creating the RT modulated regressor.

I understand that if the ampltiude modulation component has some kind of interaction based on the condition type, then it will not be a good model. But I am not sure how to account for both with-in and across condition amplitude modulated variance in the same model and any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and support.

Thanks,
Srikanth.

Subject Author Posted

AM regression analysis

Srikanth September 19, 2009 05:08PM

Re: AM regression analysis

rick reynolds September 24, 2009 05:10PM