AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 15, 2009 09:02PM
Thanks for the quick response.

Actually, it's correctly guessing local times:

++ Auto-catenated datasets start at: 0 188 376 564 752 940 1128 1316
++ Input polort=3; Longest run=376.0 s; Recommended minimum polort=3 ++ OK ++
++ -stim_times using TR=2 s for stimulus timing conversion
++ -stim_times using TR=2 s for any -iresp output datasets
++ [you can alter the -iresp TR via the -TR_times option]
++ ** NOTE ** Will guess GLOBAL times if 1 time per line; LOCAL otherwise
++ ** GUESSED ** -stim_times 1 using LOCAL times
++ ** GUESSED ** -stim_times 2 using LOCAL times
++ ** GUESSED ** -stim_times 3 using LOCAL times

I wouldn't have thought that rounding would make a non-trivial difference, but it apparently does in my case. The reason I even tried manipulating this is because I was trying to figure out why -stim_file seemed to be doing a better job. It happens with multiple subjects. The images I posted are of the same 9 voxels in the same subject in the same condition, with the only difference being the version of the 1D file I used.

I'd be inclined to think it's just noisy beta values, but 1) it's always the first time point in the IRF that looks funny and 2) the IRFs look like hemodynamic response functions (in active regions) when I get rid of the decimals or use the -stim_file method.
Subject Author Posted

1D file format with -stim_times

Phil Burton October 15, 2009 06:13PM

Re: 1D file format with -stim_times

rick reynolds October 15, 2009 06:39PM

Phil Burton October 15, 2009 09:02PM

rick reynolds October 16, 2009 01:56PM

Phil Burton October 16, 2009 02:11PM