AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 22, 2009 05:45PM
Hello,
I am faced with the following dataset and so far I have not found a satisfactory way to analyse this data:
I have 2 populations (Case-Control), consisting of a number of subjects who have longitudinal scans. My factor of interest is Case vs Control and I would like to compare the longitudinal progression with age of subjects in these two groups.
I am stuck because I cannot really run a regression ANCOVA because of the longitudinal data (subjects are not independent) and I can't really fit this data into an appropriate ANOVA model either because it is widely unbalanced (different number of timepoints for each person, different number of people in each group).
What would your suggestion be in this case? I could run a first-pass regression with age for each subject to collapse that dimension and then do a group analysis but that does not carry over the residual from regression...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Stathis
Subject Author Posted

ANCOVA on subject groups having longtitudinal data

Stathis October 22, 2009 05:45PM

Re: ANCOVA on subject groups having longtitudinal data

Gang Chen October 22, 2009 06:21PM

Stathis October 23, 2009 11:14AM

Gang Chen October 23, 2009 04:44PM