AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 03, 2009 02:40PM
We would like to perform functional connectivity on datasets acquired while subjects performed a task. However, we would like to perform the functional connectivity with all task-related effects removed.

I'm following the instructions for Simple Correlation Analysis found here: [afni.nimh.nih.gov]

On Step One, I have a question on which -select option I should use in 3dSynthesize. Would the -select allstim option be the correct option, so that I can use it to remove all task and head motion effects? I assume -select allfunc would not be enough, as it would not include the head motion effects.

As an alternative to Step One, would it be okay to use the -errts output from the original 3dDeconvolve command, and continue following the instructions?

I have one more question, more to confirm I'm understanding the processing correctly.

Once I follow Step One (or use the -errts output?), task has been removed from the time series. I no longer need to worry about it, and do not need to include any task regressors once I get to the actual correlation analysis performed in Step Four. Am I following correctly?

shawn

Subject Author Posted

Functional connectivity with task removed

Shawn Milleville November 03, 2009 02:40PM

Re: Functional connectivity with task removed

Gang Chen November 03, 2009 10:07PM

Re: Functional connectivity with task removed

Shawn Milleville November 04, 2009 09:45AM