AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 04, 2009 10:08AM
Hi Everyone,

I have only used 3dANOVA2/3 for my studies but I have a new study that is very unbalanced due to the fact that data is binned by subjects' interpretations of the stimuli. My design is a 4 (story type) x 2 (judgment: morally wrong vs not wrong) x 2 (confidence: high vs low). That is, subjects judge four different types of stories for whether they are morally wrong and then rate the confidence of their moral judgment.

I'd also like to model subjects as a random factor, making it a 4x2x2x34. It is unbalanced because some story types are judged as wrong much more frequently than other types. (e.g., disgusting stories tend to be rated as morally wrong, high confidence but harm stories are more evenly spread)

Any advice on which package to start with? Should I use GroupAna? 3LME?

I'm interested in these comparisons, primarily:
Main effects of: Judgment, Confidence, and Story-type
Judgment x Story-type
Judgment x Confidence

Any thoughts are appreciated. thanks!
Subject Author Posted

Another painful study design

Thalia Wheatley November 04, 2009 10:08AM

Re: Another painful study design

Gang Chen November 05, 2009 02:00AM

Re: Another painful study design

Thalia Wheatley November 11, 2009 09:23PM