AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 04, 2009 12:11PM
Hello All,
I have found an issue when working with 3dretroicor. I recently collected a resting state data set along with respiratory and cardiac data using a GE 3T Scanner and Version 11 Software Pack. When running the physiological data through 3dretroicor and seeding a region in the ventral portion of the brain, I found large amount of potentially spurious correlation. In fact, it appears that there is a network on induced spurious correlations in the ventral portion of the brain that is negatively correlated with the dorsal portion of the brain. While trying to uncover the problem, I re-ran the data without including the 3dretroicor step to see how it would work without including physiological parameters. This previously mentioned spurious correlation was not present. This lead me to test each component of the physiological data separately with 3dretroicor to see if the respiratory or cardiac fluctuations were causing the problem. Unfortunately, the spurious correlations were present in both. I then consulted with Dr. Rasmus Birn to see what his take was on it, and he provided me some code that he uses to handle his physiological data. The results from this test did not include the spurious correlations in the ventral portions of the brain. I had a problem uploading images to this post directly and I would like to share the images I have generated for help in feedback. Let me know how I can go about doing that and I will get on it right away. I look forward to any insight that might help clear this up in my mind as to what I'm doing wrong with the application of 3dretroicor or if the error is in the program itself.
Thanks,
Ben
Subject Author Posted

3dretroicor

Ben Stengel December 04, 2009 12:11PM

Re: 3dretroicor

Ben Stengel December 04, 2009 12:14PM

Will Graves December 09, 2009 02:50PM

Fred Tam December 09, 2009 10:47PM