AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 18, 2009 02:21AM
Hi,

I am having problems aligning the anatomical data for a subject with their EPI data. Originally, I thought it was a movement problem, but the subject moved VERY little. Co-registration did not help and even prior to any pre-processing of the data, if I to3d the anatomical and EPI dicoms, underlay the anat and overlay the EPI for any run, they appear to be in a completely different space (such that the EPI is shifted almost entirely to one side of the window and barely covers the anatomical image) and this is the first thing I do with the data. No dicom files are missing and their order is also correct. I've been trying to troubleshoot this but since to3d doesn't fail, the data was acquired correctly, but the alignment is so bad even prior to completing any other pre-processing, my hunch is that something is going wrong at the very first step. Just looking at the EPI data as an underlay also looks normal when I scroll though it, but overlaying it with the anatomical underlayed causes big problems. Does anyone know what can be happening here?

Thank you!
Anita
Subject Author Posted

Very Poor ANAT/EPI alignment

Anita Cservenka December 18, 2009 02:21AM

Re: Very Poor ANAT/EPI alignment

rick reynolds December 18, 2009 09:34AM

Anita Cservenka December 18, 2009 12:20PM

Daniel Glen December 18, 2009 01:51PM