AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 05, 2010 03:43PM
Hello!

I am trying to get the peak magnitude of individual trials in a timeseries in order to correlate these trial magnitudes across trials between averaged timeseries of different ROIs. The timeseries are a result of a fast event-related design where the ITIs are randomly mixed between 8s and 16s with TR=2s. It seems it maybe possible to look at the timeseries itself and select out the 3rd, 4th and 5th timepoints of the trial (since these tps define the magnitude of the general IRF) following the onset of the stimulus (auditory) which is at most 180ms in duration. With 8s ITI the end point of the previous trial (where we assume a trial duration of 12s) coincides with the 3rd tp of the next trial. Obviously a trial duration is necessary for defining the deconvolution, but it is not clear that the HDR is zero at that point (actually in most cases it is not). However, it maybe many tps after 12s where there is essentially “little” response left from the previous trial. So my question is should we stick with looking at the TS and extracting out these points, or do we use what you guys have programmed with stim_times and “individual modulation” ? The TS way requires I think a way of removing the baseline but may not be as accurate as “IM” but apparently there was a message board message that said “IM” didn’t work with event-related design well. My question is how does “IM” work? I assume it is a deconvolution regression method and how appropriate is it in our case? What in general are your suggestions for our problem? I appreciate any help you can give.
Subject Author Posted

Individual modulation

Linda H January 05, 2010 03:43PM

Re: Individual modulation

Linda H January 07, 2010 03:23PM

rick reynolds January 07, 2010 05:32PM

Linda H January 08, 2010 11:06AM