AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 07, 2010 05:16PM
Hello,

Basically, on a group 3dttest I am getting a significant activation outside the MNI brain template.

For each subject I smooth the data (4mm), run the GLM, take the results and smooth again (5mm, to prepare for group analysis), normalize each subject's data to MNI space using each subject's anatomical (3dAllineate), and then run 3dttest.

When I look at the group results on an MNI template the most significant area is a cluster that is about 70% outside of the MNI brain and 30% in the MNI brain. I believe that this area is real because it is so large, survives at a high statistical threshold, and no other clusters survive at this threshold. However, is there anything I can do to try and get this to appear more within the MNI template? Maybe a non-linear normalization? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David

Subject Author Posted

group activation outside MNI template

David January 07, 2010 05:16PM

Re: group activation outside MNI template

Gang Chen January 11, 2010 10:32AM