AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 04, 2010 07:24PM

BRIKS are apparently being byte-swapped when they are saved after Talairach markers are defined. Here's the sequence of operations:

Load a structural image into the underlay.
Define the 6 markers under the "Define Markers" menu
View as AC-PC aligned and Talairach view.
Images appear to be byte-swapped
Save using the "Write Ulay" button under Datamode.

The original and acpc aligned images are written with the actual byte ordering swapped relative the the header.

Swapping bytes with the command "2swap T1High+org" fixes the problem.

The problem occurs using afni version 2009_12_31_1431 with the 64-bit osx build of 2/1/2010.

I can reliably make the talairach view byte-swap, but I can't reliably get it to write byte-swapped data. That is probably because I rarely use this feature.

This is a very low priority issue for us, but I thought you would like to know if it is in fact a bug.

John
Subject Author Posted

BRIKS are byte-swapped when saved

John Ollinger March 04, 2010 07:24PM

Re: BRIKS are byte-swapped when saved

rick reynolds March 09, 2010 10:24AM