AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 25, 2010 09:54AM
The 'prefix' is not intended to be the full filename for output -- except in the special case of NIfTI-1 output, which was grafted onto the AFNI prefix mechanism about 10 years after AFNI was crafted.

If you wish to specify that an AFNI .BRIK file be compressed on output, you can do one of the following (via environment variables):

setenv AFNI_COMPRESSOR GZIP
setenv AFNI_AUTOGZIP YES

or, on a one-off basis

3dSomething -DAFNI_COMPRESSOR=GZIP -prefix Elvis ...

I don't plan to adapt the AFNI-wide prefix parsing scheme to fit the scheme that you have tried to use.

As for the message
"++ Output dataset ./blank+orig.BRIK"
being incorrect -- that's an artifact of the way the I/O functions handle compression, which is on-the-fly (through a pipe) and the choice of compression is invisible above the actual output function. To fix this would require a decent amount of tinkering with code that is now nearly 14 years old -- something I don't plan to do just to fix a minor cosmetic issue.

Subject Author Posted

3dcalc misparsing prefix indicating compression

Terry March 09, 2010 12:49AM

Re: 3dcalc misparsing prefix indicating compression

Terry March 09, 2010 01:05AM

Terry March 24, 2010 07:06PM

rick reynolds March 25, 2010 09:50AM

Prefix and Compression in AFNI

bob cox March 25, 2010 09:54AM