AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 22, 2010 09:54AM
Hi there,

I'm experiencing some problem with regarding the registration between the fiber tractography (made with TrackVis) and acpc aligned 3D (made with AFNI).
I described such an issue on the following MedIC post:

[medic.rad.jhu.edu]

In there, the acpc alignment was performed with Mipav software package. Suspecting it was a Mipav re-orientation fault during volume saving, I modified the first step performing the 3D acpc alignment with AFNI and saving it with 3dAFNItoNIFTI. Well, what I got was the same result described in the remaining steps, i.e. subsequent B0 to anat+acpc registration made by FSL-FLIRT shows a 180° rotation of the B0 with respect to the original 3D. Such a behaviour brings to an erroneous overlay between the tractography and the anat+acpc volume.

Is anyone able to explain why, to perform acpc alignment, both software (AFNI and Mipav) cause a 180° rotation of the original 3D volume, subsequently detected by FSL-FLIRT registration tool?
Acpc alignment should be a slight roto-translation of the volume, isn't? So why a rotational component of the registration matrix close to M = (-1 0 0; 0 -1 0; 0 0 1)?
So far I tried to make my own data processing "protocol" to process anatomical and DWI data to get fiber tractography on a acpc aligned volume. But it seems not to work. Is anyone able to show me an alternative BUT working procedure to perform such processing?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Subject Author Posted

third-part tractography on anat+acpc aligned 3D volume

danilo March 22, 2010 09:54AM

Re: third-part tractography on anat+acpc aligned 3D volume

Daniel Glen March 22, 2010 10:34AM