AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 23, 2012 04:26PM
I have been using an old school technique to create regressors of interest to input into 3dDeconvolve. If I want to make a contrast (not using glt, but actually specified in the stim_file) I have some code that generates 1 and -1 at various timepoints in a single column 1d file. I then run this through waver with GAM and I am ready to rock. If I ever wanted to look at a parametric effect I would take a 0/1 1d that marked my events and multiplied it using 1deval with a custom made regressor that had the variable "weights" for each trial for each event (and then pass this through waver).

It appears now that this is way out of date and there are tools built into 3dDecon that make this happen. However, I don't see info in the help that will direct me to do exactly what I want to do. I'm wondering if someone might be able to help provide some quick examples.

For example, if I want to make a 1d file that has a value of 1 at the following TRs: 10, 30, 50, 70 and a value of -1 at the following TRs: 20, 40, 60, 80 and had 100 total TRs, how do I do this? I would follow this with waver, in which I usually use GAM, but it sounds like I can work this in to this step and eliminate the need for waver altogether. My TRs are 2.0s.

What about for the parametric effects? Can I specify specific "weights" at specific time points when I list those stim_times?

And if I am not already asking enough, what if I have the stim_times in raw seconds instead of TR number?

Sorry if this is already detailed elsewhere on the board. I searched and couldn't find it.
Subject Author Posted

using stim_times to create 1dfile

Gregory RSL May 23, 2012 04:26PM

Re: using stim_times to create 1dfile

gang May 24, 2012 10:29AM

Gregory RSL May 24, 2012 12:59PM

gang May 24, 2012 02:20PM

Gregory RSL May 24, 2012 03:01PM