AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 26, 2012 11:34AM
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to do cluster correction on group data, and I'm confused by the admonition not to use 3dFWHMx on the output of 3dDeconvolve or 3dREMLfit. My inclination is to run 3dMEMA on my data, subtract the results from each beta map (i.e., subtract the estimate for the appropriate group), and then run 3dFWHMx on the residuals and feed the results to 3dClustSim. Is this what I'm being told not to do? If so, what's the right way to do this? I feel like this is a "dumb" question that I should have been able to answer by searching this board, but so far I haven't had any luck. Sorry if this has been asked and answered.

I'm also curious whether there are any problems with using 3dClustSim and 3dMEMA together (as opposed to 3dClustSim and 3dttest++), since the estimates are constructed in a different way and 3dClustSim doesn't take t-statistics into account. Should I worry about this?

Isaac

EDIT: Found an answer to the first question here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2012 12:23PM by Isaac Schwabacher.
Subject Author Posted

3dFWHMx for group analysis

Isaac Schwabacher July 26, 2012 11:34AM

Re: 3dFWHMx for group analysis

gang July 26, 2012 05:12PM

Re: 3dFWHMx for group analysis

Isaac Schwabacher July 26, 2012 05:34PM