AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Anonymous User
August 27, 2012 08:21AM
Dear AFNI Users,

I would like to convert an affine transformation generated with align_epi_anat.py for use with ANTS (http://www.picsl.upenn.edu/ANTS/). In the ANTS manual, I found the following information:

"ANTS uses the itk::TransformFileReader/itk::TransformFileWriter to handle affine transformation files. These are text files recording the matrix and offset for the affine transform on definition and geometry of affine matrix. The interpretation depends on the header but generally it breaks down like this:
# Insight Transform File V1.0
# Transform 0
Transform: MatrixOffsetTransformBase double 3 3
Parameters: a b c d e f g h i j k l
FixedParameters: M N O

The meaning of these different terms:
The matrix component (rotation, scaling, shearing all composed together):
a b c
d e f
g h i
is followed by j k l — this is the translation.
M N O is the center of rotation."

I have no experience on how to go about this, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Michael
Subject Author Posted

Convert affine transformation for ANTS

Anonymous User August 27, 2012 08:21AM

Re: Convert affine transformation for ANTS

Daniel Glen August 27, 2012 11:47AM

Anonymous User August 31, 2012 02:09AM

Daniel Glen August 31, 2012 07:16AM