AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 05, 2012 04:36PM
Hi Paul,

> Could i use these two t maps from separate analysis approaches with 3ddot to
> investigate the relationship between GM structure covariance and GM atrophy ?

3ddot with its option '-demean' does seem to fit your scenario. However, I would avoid computing the correlation with t-statistic values, if possible. Instead some direct measure that carries some physical meaning would be preferred.

> In addition, if i have two binary maps, whether i can use 3ddot to investigate the
> relationship between two binary images ?

That sounds a little shaky because the typical correlation measure is more about two continuous variables. However, you may consider Phi coefficient (see here: [en.wikipedia.org]) for which 3ddot should work fine.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

Spatial correlation between two maps

Anonymous User September 05, 2012 11:55AM

Re: Spatial correlation between two maps

gang September 05, 2012 04:36PM

Anonymous User September 05, 2012 06:56PM

gang September 06, 2012 12:19PM