AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jim Bjork
April 14, 2004 03:33PM
AFNI minds-

I have made afni 3d+time datasets from I.xxx images (I-files from old 3T-1) for years now. Extremely helpful in this is Ziad's Imon program. However, the new scanner in these parts writes every image as a 16-bit DICOM .dcm file (not byte-swapped as far as I know). Each scan series is its own directory, and each slice (all 4-5k of them) is sequentially filenamed.

Launching the interactive to3d window with the command

to3d *.dcm

worked keen, and was able to read header info etc, to make a nice structural dataset from a (static) MP-RAGE scan.

However, I am stumped at how to use this .dcm file format to make a 3d+time EPIRT functional dataset. The GUI-based to3d app has no input to specify TR or slice acquisition direction etc.

The command-line version of to3d requires the user to enter the Image Format (manual p. 101 under section 73.7).

I take it I start the command line about this with "3D: ..." but how do I find out the value for "hglobal" for these .dcm images? The README summaries generated by the scanner do not have this value that I can tell. What about a value for "himage"? Our existent scripts fir use with GE scanner data use a value of zero here.

Has anyone got any ideas about this, or has anyone ever written a script to make a 3d+time dataset from dicom files in EIPRT?

Jim B
Subject Author Posted

making 3d+time datasets from DICOM (.dcm) image files

Jim Bjork April 14, 2004 03:33PM

Re: making 3d+time datasets from DICOM (.dcm) image files

bob cox April 14, 2004 07:40PM

rick reynolds April 15, 2004 11:08AM

Jim Bjork April 15, 2004 01:16PM

rick reynolds April 15, 2004 01:28PM