AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 25, 2012 03:32PM
1. See this thread for the info on the DYLD_FALLBACK [afni.nimh.nih.gov]
2. I haven't used tcsh in about 10 years, I'll defer to someone else on those specific questions.
3. You do not need to install Xcode to run AFNI... BUT I would really suggest you have it handy for users who want to do more than scripting commands together. If you're installing 10.7.x, I'd say Xcode 4.5. Don't forget to install the command line tools.

One thing to consider in using the user .profile vs. the global profile is that if you are deploying with Mac OS X Server, you can automatically set users to include a default .login or .profile (or .bashrc, etc) when they login for the first time. In general I would hesitate to add it to a global path as users may want to use a different version of AFNI from what is installed. You might also consider installing AFNI in /usr/local/abin or /Applications instead of at the root directory (/), just to keep with some conventions.
Subject Author Posted

Instructions for installing AFNI and Suma on OSX 10.79 Lion

Jay Victor September 25, 2012 01:09PM

Re: Instructions for installing AFNI and Suma on OSX 10.79 Lion

Peter Molfese September 25, 2012 01:38PM

Jay Victor September 25, 2012 02:53PM

Peter Molfese September 25, 2012 03:32PM

Jay Victor September 25, 2012 04:25PM