AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 06, 2013 12:53PM
hi all

I am looking at some coordinates reported in a paper which used AFNI and registered data to the MNI_EPI template. they are in the STS. I am used to talairach space, and am a bit confused. basically, a number of the peak coordinates for ROIs in transformed individual brains given are > 70 mm L/R, and when I put the crosshairs of the viewer on some of the reported coordinates they are way outside the brain, like 6-10 mm. I don't think it can be a typo, given the number of such coordinates presented.

is there something I am doing wrong in AFNI? I have to say that it is rare that I have ever seen |x| greater than 70, but I'm afraid I am missing something. it matters to me because I would like to compare some data I have with the findings reported in the paper.

thanks for any help.

James
Subject Author Posted

MNI EPI template coordinates

jkeidel March 06, 2013 12:53PM

Re: MNI EPI template coordinates

Daniel Glen March 06, 2013 01:17PM

Re: MNI EPI template coordinates

jkeidel March 06, 2013 01:33PM