AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 07, 2014 08:23PM
Hello,

I normally use 3dDeconvolve to extract the beta weights of my variables of interest. For example, I code three different vectors with 1s where conditions 1, 2 or 3 occurred. Then I extract the beta weights for conditions 1, 2, and 3 and submit them to a group-level parametric analysis.

The problem is that a couple of my subjects do not have enough trials in one of the conditions to do a traditional 3dDeconvolve analysis where one needs a minimum number of observations/condition to yield a reliable beta.

To be able to use all my subjects, I am considering doing a correlation analysis of the BOLD signal with a single vector that codes for conditions 1, 2, and 3, where the amplitude of the signal is expected to vary with condition. For example, signal for condition 3 will be highest, condition 2 will be lower, and condition 1 will be the lowest. Then I can ask where brain activity covaries with this single vector, and do a group-level analysis on the t-scores (converted to z-scores) associated with this vector.

Can you point me to documentation about how to carry out this analysis? Or maybe tell me a better way of going about analyzing these 3 conditions when some of my subjects have < 8 trials in some of the conditions?

Best,
Christine
Subject Author Posted

correlating a waveform with fmri signal

Christine Smith April 07, 2014 08:23PM

Re: correlating a waveform with fmri signal

gang April 08, 2014 10:44AM

Christine Smith April 08, 2014 12:49PM

gang April 08, 2014 03:40PM