AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 09, 2014 01:08PM
Dear Gang,

You wrote: > "I should mention that I turned 3dRegAna into a within-subjects regression by adding 15 vectors, one for each subject. I'm quite impressed by you tricking 3dRegAna into such analysis!"

I should reiterate that it was Doug Ward (as you know, the author of 3dDeconvolve and 3dRegAna) who made this suggestion to me early in the 2000s. grinning smiley

You also wrote: "I wonder that -1, 0, and 1 for the condition coding would work equally well as 1, 2, and 3. "

It turns out that 3dRegAna does not care about the specific numbers that are used to code conditions and seems to care only about the spacing between the numbers. For example, the results are the same when using -1, 0, and 1 as with 1, 2, and 3. Does this mean that our earlier analyses looking for linear trends across the three conditions were actually not equivalent to t-tests between the first and third condition? That is, are our earlier test for linear increases using 3dRegAna still valid?

Thank you for your other suggestions for testing changes across 4 conditions in my other experiment.

Christine
Subject Author Posted

correlating a waveform with fmri signal

Christine Smith April 07, 2014 08:23PM

Re: correlating a waveform with fmri signal

gang April 08, 2014 10:44AM

Christine Smith April 08, 2014 12:49PM

gang April 08, 2014 03:40PM

Christine Smith April 08, 2014 05:40PM