AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 21, 2013 04:00PM
Jessica-

To your original question, my quick test suggests that the implementation of 3dRegAna should give you almost identical results for Coef #3 and the F-stat, with the exception that the t-stat sub-brik will give you directionality, whereas the F-stat will display all differences as positive. I believe that 3dRegAna F-test evaluates if the Full Model is significantly different from the Restricted Model. In which case, the F-stat should be the squared value of the t-stat for a single variable that differs between the two models. As shown in the figure below, forgive the rounding.

I'm not entirely sure the best way to do your analysis in 3dttest++ or 3dMEMA, but I'm hoping that Gang can help translate your original code to 3dMEMA or 3dttest++. I tend to only use 3dttest++ and 3dMEMA for single covariates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2013 04:02PM by Peter Molfese.
Subject Author Posted

regression with covariates

Anonymous User May 21, 2013 11:28AM

Re: regression with covariates

gang May 21, 2013 11:50AM

Anonymous User May 21, 2013 01:11PM

gang May 21, 2013 01:46PM

Peter Molfese May 21, 2013 04:00PM