AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 01, 2014 09:47AM
Dear all (notably, Ziad),

the ToyTalk function in the AFNI matlab library provides a nice example on how matlab can receive data from SUMA over NIML. However, I would be interested in more sophisticated visualization. In particular I would like to be able to visualize data in overlays, as well as data that formed the basis of such overlays, in matlab, interactively while clicking around in SUMA.

Say I got a niml file afile.niml.dset, which then is transformed (in matlab, python, whatever) into a file afile_summary.niml.dset. When visualizing afile_summary.niml.dset, I would like to show plots interactively in matlab (or python) that are based on data in afile.niml.dset. These plots should be showing some transformed data based on afile.m which can be done in matlab.

Playing around with ToyTalk, it seems that upon the first time that SUMA and matlab are talking, SUMA sends the node coordinates and faces. Then after every right-click it sends the index of the selected node. The name of the overlay is never sent.
To implement my desired functionality, it seems easiest if matlab could somehow know the (preferably absolute) path of the overlay that is shown. Is that possible?

Thanks for your consideration,

Nick
Subject Author Posted

SUMA-Matlab NIML communication - can SUMA send more information?

nick April 01, 2014 09:47AM

Re: SUMA-Matlab NIML communication - can SUMA send more information?

ziad April 01, 2014 12:11PM

Re: SUMA-Matlab NIML communication - can SUMA send more information?

nick April 01, 2014 01:43PM