AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 01, 2014 12:11PM
Hi Nick,

This is certainly possible, but not having touched ToyTalk in ages, I am not actually sure how reliable it still is.
At the moment, the ToyTalk implementation is mostly matlab code that duplicates some of what is done in the C-api that AFNI/SUMA use. I am wondering if we should make the effort to start using the same API from matlab and/or from Python. Otherwise it will be too much effort to keep up the various APIs. As it stands in the AFNI pacakge, we currently exchange surfaces, surface-based datasets, volumes, coordinates, tracts, etc. It would be nice to have the same functionality be available for MATLAB/Python/etc. We've done something comparable for R which now loads all things loadable by AFNI via the same set of C functions for opening datasets and that has made R I/O matters a lot easier.

Let's continue this discussion over email if you're interested in doing something at that level. It SHOULD not be too hard :) . Otherwise, I can add a few small changes to the current ToyTalk tools to get you the information you want. we can also discuss this at OHBM or ISMRM should you be attending this year.

cheers,
z
Subject Author Posted

SUMA-Matlab NIML communication - can SUMA send more information?

nick April 01, 2014 09:47AM

Re: SUMA-Matlab NIML communication - can SUMA send more information?

ziad April 01, 2014 12:11PM

Re: SUMA-Matlab NIML communication - can SUMA send more information?

nick April 01, 2014 01:43PM