AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 02, 2014 12:01PM
Linda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Afni version is linux_gcc33_64.

That's not really afni's version - but actually afni's version system is kinda weird anyway. On two different systems I get

$ afni -version
Version AFNI_2011_12_21_1014
[[Precompiled binary macosx_10.7_Intel_64: Mar 4 2014]]

and an older one

afni -version
Version AFNI_2011_12_21_1014
[[Precompiled binary linux_openmp_64: Nov 6 2012]]

in other words the 'version' remains the same but the compile date is different. here the older version does not support '-GIFTI' but the newer does. Hence, the compile date is probably most informative to see how 'old' your afni is.

> My system is
> ubuntu 11.10. So Could you please tell which
> version will be better for me?

I don't know how ubuntu's packaging system interferes with AFNI's updating system.

You could try just downloading the afni package to another place (e.g. ~/bin) and add that directory in the beginning of the PATH environmental variable. That way you would have two AFNI's; by updating the PATH variable you can use the more recent one.
Subject Author Posted

Do I need to do 3dvol2surf at this situation by using SUMA?

Linda April 02, 2014 10:12AM

Re: Do I need to do 3dvol2surf at this situation by using SUMA?

ziad April 02, 2014 11:07AM

Linda April 02, 2014 11:21AM

nick April 02, 2014 11:31AM

Linda April 02, 2014 11:44AM

nick April 02, 2014 12:01PM