AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 16, 2014 04:44AM
Dear Gang Chen,

Thanks for your interest in my question.
My five DTI datasets with each 8 subjects originate from five different software pipelines with different processing steps turned on and off (say for instance the b-table rotation based on subject motion was done in one pipeline and omitted in the other).
I had 8 participants, so I processed their data in the same way for one pipeline giving me a whole dataset of 8 subjects for each pipeline.

All data was registered to the FMRIB FA 1mm template, so it is ensured that I can perform comparisons and no spatial problems will arise. I went further with the processing later on to generate skeletonized FA and MD reproducibility error maps.
We expect there will be differences in the subject group's test-retest errors skeleton maps according to which pipeline was used. I already know the data is non-normally distributed with unequal variance, so Kruskal-Wallis is the test I should perform.

The problem with the zeros is, that every estimated subject's skeleton is slightly different from the next, so I would like to avoid comparing a higher reproducibility error with a reproducibility error of zero on the group level. I was wondering if then my method of avoiding this was correct and valid for 3dKruskalWallis.

Thanks a lot, all the best,
Barbara
Subject Author Posted

3dKruskalWallis without zeros

barbara May 14, 2014 03:28PM

Re: 3dKruskalWallis without zeros

gang May 15, 2014 11:33AM

barbara May 16, 2014 04:44AM

gang May 16, 2014 12:36PM