AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 21, 2023 06:06AM
Hi all,

this post was started a long time ago but I have some additional (related) questions that I cannot easily address.

I would need to run an SCV to further explore and characterize my results (using small preregistered ROIs, which I found as being significantly involved in the task when running some t-tests on the averaged beta weights as well as in the analysis from the whole brain ). To do this, I am currently applying a 3dttest++ and 3dClustSim to each of the small ROIs and looking at the clusters that survive an initial uncorrected threshold of .001. I have, however, some doubts about what I did so far:

First of all, I did not take into account the FWHM in these SCVs (nor in the other analysis, like on the averaged beta weights extracted from each ROI).
- Do you think my results would dramatically change if I take into account the individual FWHM?
- How can I implement FWHM in my analysis? I should do this at a group (3dttest++) or individual level (in 3dDeconvolve)? (I am very new to afni and I am still learning how to program: is there maybe a simple script one could share with me?). I am using 3dDeconvolve and 3dREMLfit for my first-level analysis.

- Is it correct to use ClustSim in a small volume (e.g. VTA)? I would think that a peak-level analysis (as SVC in SPM) would be more appropriate here. If this is correct, wherein the output one should look to find the (FWE correct) peaks?

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help!

Silvia
Subject Author Posted

Small volume correction

Jooyoung Oh August 27, 2014 09:10PM

Re: Small volume correction

gang August 28, 2014 09:44AM

Re: Small volume correction

silvia2 February 21, 2023 06:06AM