AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 27, 2016 03:08PM
Hi,
I am trying to use 3dZcutup to cut slices of a dataset which happens to be saved in ASR orientation. As I supply the range of slices to keep to the command, it tells me that my slice indices pass the number of slices while it does not. Apparently the slice count i this case is in R-L direction. So I suppose 3dZcutup just assumes data is saved such that the last dimension is z dimension.
Can this be fixed?

In addition to this: can you make the program able to cut in any directions? One function that achieves all what 3dYcutup or 3dXcutup would do would be great.

Further related to this: I am using align_anat_epi.py instead of afni_proc.py but I am curious of what is the recommended way to deal with master grid when aligning EPI and anat and when the origin of anatomical and EPI data are off by a lot? Using -master_epi SOURCE in this case might cause cut-off of some of the brain but using BASE could waste a lot of empty space in the grid (typically there are more non-brain stuff in the anatomical image on the bottom). This is why I am trying to cut slices in z-dimension after aligning.

Thanks!
Mingbo
Subject Author Posted

3dZcutup might assume RAI orientation for all data

Mingbo June 27, 2016 03:08PM

Re: 3dZcutup might assume RAI orientation for all data

rick reynolds June 27, 2016 03:20PM

Mingbo June 27, 2016 05:07PM

rick reynolds June 27, 2016 06:00PM