AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 15, 2015 10:35AM
Hello Afni experts,
I wanted to find out the best way to get a correlation (pearson ideally) between two data sets. The 2 datasets are the same subject (native space) with the voxels of one image filled with STDEV values of a measure and the other image filled with %signal change. There is only one subbrick per dataset (not timeseries data).

I wanted to see if 3ddot with the demean option would give a pearson correlation or if not, what type of correlation would it be? If it is not a peason correlation, is there a tool which would do this for a single volume. For example 3dTcorr functions require a timeseries whereas my data is not a timeseries so these functions crash.

Would another option be 3dttest++ using one sided and using one dataset brick as a covariate? Would this be better to show how these values relate within a mask for a single subject analysis?

Thanks,
Ajay
Subject Author Posted

3ddot correlation or other function?

AjaySK January 15, 2015 10:35AM

Re: 3ddot correlation or other function?

rick reynolds January 15, 2015 11:52AM

AjaySK January 15, 2015 12:42PM

rick reynolds January 15, 2015 01:00PM