AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 15, 2015 12:42PM
Hi Rick,
Thanks for the help. I was hesitant using the -demean function due to the fact that the mean changes from region to region across the brain mask. I think that if I create a mask of each separate region and then apply the 3ddot with -demean option this should probably address those concerns.

Could another option be to actually create a voxelwise mean map (ie 3dLocalStat) of each parameter and then use 3dcalc to substract the respective mean maps from the files. Then if I use 3ddot WITHOUT the demean option, this should essentially do a pearson's correlation as well while taking into account the mean more precisely?

Thanks,
Ajay
Subject Author Posted

3ddot correlation or other function?

AjaySK January 15, 2015 10:35AM

Re: 3ddot correlation or other function?

rick reynolds January 15, 2015 11:52AM

AjaySK January 15, 2015 12:42PM

rick reynolds January 15, 2015 01:00PM