AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 08, 2015 04:27PM
Hi Dan,
Thank you! Yes I found the documentation of -skullstrip_opts on the web version of the help (in the "full list of options" section). I was looking in the terminal after typing aling_epi_anat but didn't see that section. Next time I'll look at the webpage as well.
So you seem to already know my problem and you're also right. My main problem is actually bad alignment between EPI and anat. I thought it has to do with bad skull stripping. Well I can fix that now, but it didn't seem to help alignment. Do you have any pointers? Some more info: it's standard EPI and MPRAGE, and it works for six other subjects (all normal college sample). This particular subject has a bit more CSF outside parietal lobe, hence too much clipping in skull-stripping. Other than that, I can't tell what's so different about this subject. Yet the align_epi_anat script produces a result that is shifted by a lot in the I-S direction, plus also some rotation, which wasn't there to start with, as everything is within a session and subject didn't move much.
Your help is much appreciated. I'd be happy to send/upload the data if you want to look.
Thank you,

--Taosheng
Subject Author Posted

align_epi_anat options to skullstrip

tsliu March 06, 2015 11:16AM

Re: align_epi_anat options to skullstrip

Daniel Glen March 06, 2015 12:03PM

tsliu March 08, 2015 04:27PM

Daniel Glen March 08, 2015 06:01PM