AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 09, 2015 09:37AM
Big thanks! Happy I aksed!

Are all packages updated with the same frequency? I mean, some times you do update functions (not that long ago uber_subject was changed so that the censored volumes in errts.anaticor was kept - for book keeping - instead of beeing removed).

I will send you the output as soon as I have installed it! Since it is a server that will be used by users the server contains two accounts - one admin (the one I will be using when installing - sudo priv) and one user (called user - no sudo priv).

I guess it is best to put abin in /home/user/abin instead of ~/abin (as the adimin)? To avoid allowing users access to directories in the admin home folder. That was my plan at least. Does this sound like a good way to do it, for a server? Will @update.afni.binaries put the packages under ~/abin even though I launch it from /home/user/? When looking at the script it seems like it. I guess I can just move the directory afterwards. Or I could run the script as the user but that would mean that the user is the owner and accidental removal of functions can occcur.

Best,
Robin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2015 09:43AM by Robin.
Subject Author Posted

Choosing function package for RedHat Server

Robin September 09, 2015 05:34AM

Re: Choosing function package for RedHat Server

rick reynolds September 09, 2015 08:48AM

Robin September 09, 2015 09:37AM

rick reynolds September 09, 2015 12:40PM