AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 04, 2015 09:52PM
Hi Rick,

I was able to remove and re-download the .ova, and I have the most recent version of VirtualBox, so I can now get to the point of pressing the green arrow to start the boot-up, but then things stall.

The black screen comes up with what looks like what should be a flashing cursor (but it's not flashing). If I click on the screen, the message about host mouse capture. Unfortunately, no matter how I respond to the keyboard message (clicking capture or cancel), I can't see my mouse or type anything once it goes away. If I click my mouse on the virtual box desktop anywhere, nothing happens (and there isn't a flashing cursor on the command line).

I tried:
-removing the import (the .ova) and re-importing it in VirtualBox
-pressing right ctl +l to disable and then re-enable mouse integration (that didn't work, and disable mouse integration is not selectable in my pull-down menus).
-pressing c as the bootup was occurring, and "grub" came up on the commandline, but none of the commands included "login" or looked like they'd give me an option to enter a log-in or a password.
-Under Settings-->System-->Pointing Device I changed it to all three different options (mouse usb tablet, etc), still no luck.
-Changing to full-screen and scale views
-clicking right ctl+D to boot guest additions, and nothing happened (apparently an installer is supposed to come up)
-Selecting Fedora, with Linux 3.0.11 on one boot-up and Fedora, with Linux-0-rescue on the next (not sure which one of these we're ultimately supposed to be launching?)

Any other ideas on what I might try? Thank you so much!
Laura
Subject Author Posted

VirtualBox on Windows 10 Installation Problems

Laura B October 04, 2015 04:17AM

Re: VirtualBox on Windows 10 Installation Problems

rick reynolds October 04, 2015 08:14AM

Laura B October 04, 2015 09:52PM

rick reynolds October 04, 2015 10:39PM