History of AFNI updates  

|
October 04, 2015 09:52PM
Hi Rick,

I was able to remove and re-download the .ova, and I have the most recent version of VirtualBox, so I can now get to the point of pressing the green arrow to start the boot-up, but then things stall.

The black screen comes up with what looks like what should be a flashing cursor (but it's not flashing). If I click on the screen, the message about host mouse capture. Unfortunately, no matter how I respond to the keyboard message (clicking capture or cancel), I can't see my mouse or type anything once it goes away. If I click my mouse on the virtual box desktop anywhere, nothing happens (and there isn't a flashing cursor on the command line).

I tried:
-removing the import (the .ova) and re-importing it in VirtualBox
-pressing right ctl +l to disable and then re-enable mouse integration (that didn't work, and disable mouse integration is not selectable in my pull-down menus).
-pressing c as the bootup was occurring, and "grub" came up on the commandline, but none of the commands included "login" or looked like they'd give me an option to enter a log-in or a password.
-Under Settings-->System-->Pointing Device I changed it to all three different options (mouse usb tablet, etc), still no luck.
-Changing to full-screen and scale views
-clicking right ctl+D to boot guest additions, and nothing happened (apparently an installer is supposed to come up)
-Selecting Fedora, with Linux 3.0.11 on one boot-up and Fedora, with Linux-0-rescue on the next (not sure which one of these we're ultimately supposed to be launching?)

Any other ideas on what I might try? Thank you so much!
Laura
Subject Author Posted

VirtualBox on Windows 10 Installation Problems

Laura B October 04, 2015 04:17AM

Re: VirtualBox on Windows 10 Installation Problems

rick reynolds October 04, 2015 08:14AM

Laura B October 04, 2015 09:52PM

rick reynolds October 04, 2015 10:39PM