AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 04, 2015 08:27AM
Hi Rick,

I do understand that the loss of DoF is a problem, I was just wondering why it was used in example 9 but not 11 and whether the more elaborate nuisance regression would make it either problematic or not needed. After reading all those bp discussions now I don't feel too keen on using it at all any more, but I have been advised to use it and I also read here somewhere that it is still the norm and regression can not remove all the noise. Maybe a compromise could be to use a less stringent threshold than 0.01-0.1?

I actually already tried with 1d_tool.py since I found this suggestion from you in another thread. If I go with the threshold of less than 25% censored, I am losing 30 (out of 212) of my participants with enorm .3 and 17 with enorm .5 (see below). I actually thought it would be much worse. I have a mixed group 8-25 year olds and participants with stronger impairments usually didn't want to or couldn't do the scan at all so maybe that is why I have less strong movers than expected. I didn't know how to include the outlier threshold in 1d_tool.py though, but that should only be a couple of volumes extra that are outliers, right?
Enorm 0.2 0.25 0.3 0.35 0.4 0.45 0.5
Lost part. 45 37 30 27 24 21 17

Ah, I understand. I guess I rather skip the global WM regressor then.

Thank you ever so much!
Janina
Subject Author Posted

afni_proc.py combine ANATICOR with CSF-regression without Freesurfer-segmentation?

janina_aletheia December 01, 2015 11:51AM

Re: afni_proc.py combine ANATICOR with CSF-regression without Freesurfer-segmentation?

rick reynolds December 01, 2015 09:30PM

Re: afni_proc.py combine ANATICOR with CSF-regression without Freesurfer-segmentation?

janina_aletheia December 02, 2015 03:40AM

janina_aletheia December 03, 2015 04:48AM

rick reynolds December 03, 2015 09:46PM

janina_aletheia December 04, 2015 08:27AM

rick reynolds December 08, 2015 09:08PM

janina_aletheia December 09, 2015 09:40AM