AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 31, 2017 09:22AM
Hi,

I am trying to set up a regression using a combination of stimtimes_AM2 (label1=modulated hits) and stimtimes (label2=guess), with modeling using a tent function (0, 16, 9). The TR is 2 seconds. I would like to confirm how to interpret the output correctly.

The regression through 3dDeconvolve yields 18 coefficient-tstat files for label1, and 9 coefficient-tstat files for label2.

1.Is the output coefficient[0] paired with output coefficient[1] as the weighted and unweighted coefficients respectively (such that [2] goes with [3], [4] goes with [5] etc), or are coefficients[0]-[8] the unweighted label1 outputs and coeffcients[9]-[17] weighted label1 outputs?

2.Given this output, what is the correct way to set up the glts?
I would like to set up one glt of the unweighted hits (label1) - guess (label2). Would the correct syntax be: 'SYM: hits[0] - guess' or should I specify all coefficient files: 'SYM: hits[0:8] -guess'?

Similarly, I would like to set up one glt of the weighted hits (label1) alone. Would the correct syntax be: 'SYM: hits[1]' or 'SYM: hits[9:17]'?

3. Finally, how does stimtimes_AM2 contribute to the iresp files output. If I specify (-iresp 1 hits, for example), does the output represent the unweighted portion of label1, the weighted portion of label1, or the overall mean?

Thanks, I really appreciate the help.
Subject Author Posted

stimtimes_AM2 with TENT function

nilaneesha July 31, 2017 09:22AM

Re: stimtimes_AM2 with TENT function

gang July 31, 2017 06:05PM

nilaneesha August 09, 2017 02:01PM

gang August 10, 2017 11:16AM